Thursday 29 July 2010

Who looks after me?

A problem I hadn't really thought of arose in our house today, I was sick. I have, obviously, been ill since Toddler B was born but we had family and friends around to help out but now we have uprooted ourselves to the country life we are a good hour away from family and don't think I could expect the friends I've made up here to mop my fevered brow after knowing me for all of five minutes. So today I was left being sick with one very giddy toddler to entertain and it made me think - Who looks after me?!



If Toddler B ever got ill (so far we've only had one throat infection and teething to deal with) then of course I would be on hand fussing with warm drinks, snuggles, medicine and plenty of cbeebies to help the patient along and if Mr B got ill I would allow him to lie in bed for the day and provide plenty of care of attention for the 'dying' patient (he's a man, of course he would be dying) but who looks after me when I get sick? Mr B had to go to work and as much as I may try to get Toddler B to fetch me a duvet and some hot water the most she managed was a cuddle and kiss for me., which, lovely as it was, was not the kind of medical attention I was seeking.



I feel during this self indulgent post I should point out that I am a rubbish sick person, I'm the kind of person who wants to take to my bed as soon as the first sniffle of a cold appears so lo and behold if anything more sinister than a cold presents itself and despite numerous attempts at eating healthy, taking vitamins and general immune system boosting I seem to be susceptible to all manner of virus's within a ten mile radius which means I spend a large portion of my time just wanting to lie wrapped up in quilt being fed grapes an having dollops of sympathy poured all over my aching limbs so imagine my horror today when I got that horrible nauseous feeling in my stomach and realised I had to carry on living... I had to feed, clothe, play with and unfortunately nappy change a toddler regardless of how I was feeling. After about three hours of this I wanted to pick up the phone and call in sick but I had a feeling no one would answer?



I am now thankfully starting to feel a little better but I'm just about to head off to Google to see if there some kind of Nurse I can hire for days like today... either this or I simply cannot get ill again but if this is the case I will definitely miss the grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment